Adventures of a Bipolar Flake

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

wow, busy night

Ok so like I posted before, I've been really sick lately and I just thought I had the flu or something. But then last night, I developed this rash all over my body and I freaked out, because one of the side effects of Lamictal can be a fatal rash. I looked up the type of rash that this med can cause on the internet and it also had other symptoms listed, like fever, blisters in the mouth and bruising, all of which I had, so then I really become worried. So I call my doctor right away, and I tell him my symptoms and he tells me to go straight to the emergency room. So I start crying and really freaking out and I tell my mom and she takes me right over there. So I spend most of the night in the ER. Then my sister gets out of work at 10:30 and freaks out that I'm in the hospital (She's younger than me and we're really close). Anyway so they tell me that they think I was allergic to the amoxicillin that my family doctor had given me for my original flu-like symptoms. But the thing is, I've taken amoxicillin before and never had any reaction to it. So anyway, the doctors at the hospital told me to stop taking the amoxicillin and my psychiatrist told me to stop taking the Lamictal but to keep taking the Abilify. My psychiatrist (and my therapist for that matter) both live in a different town about 2 hours away (it's the city where I go to school), and so luckily I'm heading that way tomorrow anyway, so I can stop by my psychiatrist's office and talk to him. So I'm exhausted today and still not feeling well, but hopefully now that I know what's wrong with me, I can get better.

2 comments:

tiara said...

Doing better yet? Hopefully the rash has gone away. What have they done with your meds?
Take care!

Elena said...

I am so sorry this is happening to you! As for the allergies, they can develop at any time, even if you've had the antibiotic or food all your life. It stinks. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.