Adventures of a Bipolar Flake

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Psychiatrist appointment

So I went to see my psychiatrist today. He had told me when I went to see him last week to try to be depressed or at least irritable the next time I went to see him (which I don't know how I was supposed to do that, it's not like I decide when I'm depressed or manic) because I was very manic when I went to see him last time. I was talking fast, very animated and in an excellent mood the first time I saw him. But today was an extremely good day. So when I went to see him I had to explain that the past two weeks had been horrible, but that today was abnormally good. He listened intently and then told me to continue to take the Lamictal and he also gave me 2mg of Abilify to take also. So I'm still on 25mg of Lamictal until Sunday and now 1mg (half a pill) of Abilify in the morning and 1mg at night. I think I forgot to mention in the about me post that I had been put back on Zoloft (150mg) and was on 2mg of Ativan (not a good idea for a drug addict) by my family practitioner before I went to see him. I had thought that I was still just depressed and so I went to my family doctor to help me out and he originally put me on Paxil, which just made me crazier, and then on Zoloft because it had "worked" before. Anyway so he weaned me off the Zoloft and I didn't begin taking the Lamictal until that Sunday. So anyway the day that had begun so wonderfully ended in disaster. I yelled and screamed and cryed at my boyfriend (sorry mistankenly put my mother but it was actually my boyfriend, we had been back together, briefly) and basically had another episode. So I came home in a horrible mood and now everyone's wandering my house in a state of shock and I'm better but not good yet.

No comments: